Tuesday 13 September 2011

The Sisters BrothersThe Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Well, this is the second book from the Booker Prize Short list. Let me first admit that I am not a big fan of either westerns or comedy. I would not have read this book except for the fact that it is on the Booker Short List. So, if you like comedy or Westerns, ignore this review and try this book. The idea that lies behind the work is novel and interesting. But, for me the book itself doesn’t fulfil the potential of the ideas on which it is built. I just didn’t feel that I knew the characters. I couldn’t empathise with them. And, therefore didn’t really care what happens to them. I am not sure if this will win. The Julian Barnes stands a better chance. Since, he is a tried and tested author. But, a comedy won last year and this is a historical novel of sorts. They’re usually a safe bet. Next book Pigeon English

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment